Charitable Gift Annuity
BOOST YOUR INCOME FOR LIFE
Did you know that you can give back to the University of Hawaii and boost your income for the rest of your life?
Sample Annuity Payout Rates
To create a customized gift annuity presentation, use our planned gifts calculator. Or, to receive a complimentary personalized illustration made for you, contact us.
Why local families and tax advisors love charitable gift annuities:
- Obtain an immediate income tax charitable deduction.
- Receive fixed payments for life, much of it tax-free.
- Supplement your retirement funds with a known dollar amount.
- Donate stock and save on your capital gains tax.
- Can be created for your family and loved ones providing them with lifetime income and financial security.
- No setup costs or complicated trusts involved.
A charitable gift annuity is a contract between you and University of Hawai'i Foundation.
- You transfer property to University of Hawai'i Foundation. In exchange we pay you fixed income for life.
- The fixed income can be quite high depending on your age.
- A portion of your income stream may even be tax-free.
- You will receive a charitable deduction for your gift of the remainder to University of Hawai'i Foundation and the satisfaction of furthering our mission.
More About The CGA
Charitable Gift Annuity
Stock or Cash
Are you looking for a secure source of fixed income for now or your future?
You may be tired of living at the mercy of the fluctuating stock and real estate markets. One solution is a charitable gift annuity.
Types of Assets You May Give
- If you decide to fund your gift annuity with cash, a significant portion of the annuity income will be tax-free.
- You may make a gift of your appreciated securities to fund a gift annuity and avoid a portion of the capital gains tax.
Start Receiving Payments Now with a Current Gift Annuity
If you desire current income, you may transfer property in exchange for our promise to pay you fixed income beginning as early as this year. You will receive a current income tax charitable deduction for the value of your gift to University of Hawai'i Foundation.
Deferred Gift Annuity for Income at Future Date
Perhaps you are not ready to begin receiving income until a future date, such as when you retire. You can establish a deferred gift annuity, receive a current charitable income tax deduction and receive payments at a designated future time. Best of all, because you deferred your payments, your annual payment will be higher than with a current annuity. Contact us about flexible date options for your future income.